Bore: 36.0mm dia x 2
Stroke: 28.0mm x 2
Stroke Volume: 57.00cc
Practical Speed: 1,500 ~ 7,000
Weight: 2,245g (with Muffler), 190g (Ignition System)
Prop: D21” ~ 23” x P10” 11”
The Saito FG petrol engine is a four-stroke power plant developed expressly for use in model aircraft, combining high performance and durability with low weight. The engine is based on the FA-220 glowplug engine, but features a number of detail modifications, including a carburettor suitable for petrol and an electronic ignition system.The result is a very frugal engine with lower fuel costs. Model soiling is greatly reduced, and the engine can be hand-started in the normal direction of rotation - no starting equipment required.
- One-piece cylinder / cylinder head: this method of construction saves weight, prevents distortion and promotes efficient cooling. The inside of the cylinder is hard-chromed; there is no separate cylinder liner.
- Ringed, high silicon-content aluminium piston..
- Robust connecting rod forged from heavy-duty aluminium, with phosphor-bronze big-end bush for running on petrol.
- High-strength crankshaft forged from chrome-molybdenum steel, supported in twin ballraces.
- Space-saving front-mounted camshaft and cam gears, with steep-rise cam for efficient fuel induction.
- Highly efficient cylinder with pent-roof combustion chamber.
- Similar exhaust note to that of a typical single-cylinder four-stroke engine.
- Carburettor with membrane pump, specifically designed for four-stroke petrol engines.
- Electronic battery ignition system expressly developed for sparkplug operation..
- Runs on standard two-stroke fuel mixture (e.g. moped or lawnmower mix)